Get your NY Drivers License!
Have you Gotten Your Permit Yet? If yes, great! (skip this section)
Get your Learners Permit
- Study the New York State Drivers Manual.
- Make an online reservation before you visit the DMV. This will avoid having to wait in long lines.
- Go to your local NY State DMV center with the proper documentation to take the Learners Permit test.
- Bring your Social Security card
- Completely fill out the MV-44 form (Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card)
- Pass a vision test and written test (based on the New York State Drivers Manual)
- Pay Fees
(If you need extra assistance please call our office!) Once you have passed your permit exam you can either schedule to take the 5 hour Pre-licensing class or take behind the wheel classes.
Have you Taken New York State Pre-licensing Class? If yes, great! (skip this section)
Take the 5hr course
- The Task of Driving within the Highway Transportation System
- Drivers Habits and Skills
- Feelings, Attitudes, and Taking Risks
- Alcohol, Other Drugs and Driving
Ready to Learn How to Drive?
Take behind-the-wheel driving lessons
Ready to Take the Road Test?
Take & Pass Road Test
- Pre-licensing Course Certificate (MV-278) or Driver Education Certificate (MV-285)
- Photo Learner Permit
- Contacts or prescription glasses you use to drive with (examiner will check)
- Be early! Be there 30 minutes earlier (examiner can cancel if you are late)
Note: If you are under 18 years old make sure to bring your completed Certification of Supervised Driving (MV-262) form by your parent or legal guardian.
Schedule your driving experience Course?
Take Pass Plus Classes & Highway Lessons
- Help refresh your driving knowledge with a review of time-tested safe driving tips and an overview of today’s vehicle and traffic laws.
- You may be eligible to reduce as many as four (4) points on your driving record. The DMV computer will automatically note your eligibility to receive the reduction.
- If you are the principal operator of a motor vehicle, you will receive a minimum 10% reduction in the base rate of your automobile and motorcycle liability and collision insurance premiums each year for three years.
Skills for the Road
Why DriveRite Academy
Advanced In-Car Training
Personalized Driving Instruction
Convenience Drive Sites
Our Driving School Locations
145 Kenilworth Place Unit 1B, Brooklyn, New York, United States 11210
594 Dean Street # 1, Brooklyn, New York, United States 11238
38 W 32 Street, Floor 11, Suite 1104, New York, New York, US 10001
We provide a reputable and professional service that aims to give you the confidence to pass your road test and drive safely on the roads.
M-F 9am - 6pm
Sat 10am - 5pm
Driving Hours :
Daily 7am- 8pm